Tai Chi Chuan Martial Power: Advanced Yang Style Book by Dr Yang, Jwing Ming
A must for advanced students.
Tai Chi Chuan Martial Power is the next level in Tai Chi Chuan training. This book is written especially for those who have learned the form, begun Pushing Hands, and now want to develop and refine their Tai Chi skills.
Tai Chi Chuan Martial Power focuses on the martial essence of Tai Chi Chuan, an aspect many other books ignore. This book explores in depth the subject of Jing (internal martial power), general Tai Chi theory, and the application of Chi in the Tai Chi form. Because Jing training is essential to martial Tai Chi, this work is a valuable reference that no serious practitioner should be without.
- A comprehensive training plan for Jing (power) development.
- Understand the difference between true Jing (internal power) and Li (muscular power).
- Learn how to accumulate Chi and Jing in the Tai Chi postures.
- Discover the essential role your mind plays in Tai Chi and Jing practice.
- Includes a special selection of Tai Chi poems (the place the ancient masters hid their theory), translated and with commentary by Dr. Yang.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming started his Gongfu training at the age of 15 under the Shaolin White Crane Master Cheng, Gin Gsao. Dr. Yang became an expert in the White Crane style of Chinese martial arts. With the same master he also studied Qin Na, Tui Na and Dian Xue massages, and herbal treatment.
At the age of 16, Dr. Yang began the study of Taijiquan under Master Kao, Tao. Dr. Yang's tai chi can be traced back to the Yang family through Master Kao's teacher Yue, Huanzhi, an indoor disciple of Yang, Chengfu.
After learning from Master Kao, Dr. Yang continued his study and research of Taijiquan. Dr. Yang has mastered the Taiji barehand sequence, pushing hands, the two-man fighting sequence, Taiji sword, Taiji saber, and Taiji Qigong.
Dr. Yang has been involved in Chinese Gongfu since 1961. During this time, he has spent 13 years learning Shaolin White Crane, Shaolin Long Fist, and Taijiquan. Dr. Yang has more than thirty years of instructional experience.