|THIS IS A SPECIAL ORDER ITEM
These items can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive here before they are ready to be shipped out by the selected courier service. Special order items are not eligible for return or exchange under any circumstances. Please review product details carefully before adding these items to your shopping cart.
Please Note: If you place an order for other items, they will be held and shipped together with the special order item when it is available. Alternatively you can place separate orders so your regular items will be shipped sooner.
The Side Story of Tomari-Te Seminar- Okinawa Kenpo DVD by Yoshitomo Yamishiro.
The important thing is to keep the trunk of your body in place.
The most important thing is to not interrupt the flow of center of gravity!!
- Training Maai 1 (Fighting on the edge)
- Training Maai 2 (Don’t cut movement of the center of gravity)
- Training the “Secret” Nage
- Combat training 1 (Invisible Tsuki and response, Adjusting center of gravity)
- Combat training 2 (Tighten up the Maai and get the upper hand)
- Training Kamae that will prevent your opponent from acquiring a clear target
- Combat training 3 (From deadlock to Nage and Combat)
- After training
Language: Japanese & English
Run Time: 61 min.
I used to practice Okinawa Kenpo in New York and was curious about this DVD. This is set in Yamashiro's dojo and he is teaching several students, so it is like watching a live class. It is in Japanese with English subtitles.
He covers closing the gap with movement, kicks and punches as well as getting your opponent in the clinch. Some attacking strategies like the advancing straight lead, and throwing from the clinch. There are some defensive strategies like slipping the punch, weaving, and general movement.
This not a step-by-step instructional. He’s coaching his students and giving them feedback, so some of its repetitious because they are practicing the techniques over and over again. Overall, a valuable DVD.