Watch now on Budovideos.TV
Many times when you learn a technique it's all about drilling and muscle memory until you have mastered the move. But what good is learning a technique if you don't understand why or how it works. Kit Dale and Nic Gregoriades bring you a new spin on learning with the Beyond Technique: Concept Focused BJJ. It will teach you to think conceptually and approach grappling from a new angle, helping you understand why you are using that technique. All together there are twenty concepts shown with approximately 40 techniques.
Check out Budo Jake's review on the Beyond Technique: Concept Focused BJJ
- Transitional Pressure – Moving from one position to another.
- The Fisher man – A fishing rod analogy for BJJ.
- The Quadrant – The four quarters of stability.
- Post, Posture and Leverage – How a sweep occurs.
- The Porcupine – Using the bony parts of your body to great effect.
- Stopping the Guard Pull – How to defend against guard pullers.
- The Corkscrew – Pushing and pulling.
- Weight Distribution – How it makes all the difference in guard passing.
- Structure – How collapsing and creating a structure using your own body can be used to your own advantage.
- The Double Barrelled Shotgun – How to maintain the guard.
- The Open and Closed Chain – How to think of limbs as chains.
- Removing Leverage – How to feel much heavier on an opponent.
- The Spinal Torque – How twisting and other spinal manipulations can affect technique.
- Size Strategy – How to deal with different body types including what to do if you are shorted than your opponent.
- The Border Patrol – A metaphor for attacking or defending.
- The Loading of the Spring – How to execute a technique without telegraphing it to your opponent.
- The Pendulum – How to use a single part of your body to drive momentum for a bigger movement.
- The Takedown Posture – Principals for take downs.
- Its All In The Hips – Focus on hip movement when scrambling.
- The Misdirection – How to be the first to get a good grip.
**You can watch as many times as you want.
Kit and Nic Beyond technique video is amazing! Easy to understand and definitely recommend getting it.
I buy a lot of BJJ instructional DVDs and downloads but this one really stood out because of the concept driven approach. I have watched it several times and it has definitely helped me to level up my game. I really cant recommend it highly enough!