- Takagi Yoshin Ryu
- Bokuden Ryu
- Gikan Ryu
- Kukishin Ryu
- Vol 1: Samurai jujutsu fundamental techniques: Ancient dojo manners, bowing, etiquette, rolling, stances, grappling, joint locking, kicking, and punching.
- Vol 2: Samurai jujutsu intermediate techniques: Tanemura covers 27 techniques. Many of these techniques are similar to those found in Ninpo Tai-jutsu. (Genseki nage, Gojadori, Onikudaki, etc.)
- Vol 3: Samurai jujutsu advanced techniques: Tanemura instructs the techniques of Asayama Ichiden Ryu Taijutsu, Hontai Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jujutsu, , Kukishin Ryu Jujutsu, Shiden Tatara Ryu Taijutsu, and Yagyu Shingan Ryu Kachu Yawara. In their entirety, each school contains between 70 - 250 techniques. Tanemura demonstrates 3 patterns from each tradition for a total of 15 techniques.
- Vol 4: Samurai sword combat techniques: Tanemura's thorough and easy to understand demonstration covers key points of Japanese kenjutsu , from historical background to advanced techniques. The sword techniques used of the battlefield by samurai are shown here in their original forms.
- Vol 5: Samurai naginata and yari combat techniques: Tanemura performs techniques with the naginata (halberd) and yari (spear). These secret techniques have never been shown outside the walls of the Genbukan dojo in Japan!
- Vol 6: Samurai jujutsu history and traditions: See some of the master's scrolls and secret documents. Tanemura also answers a number of questions concerning the history of the martial arts, ninjutsu, jujutsu, karate, and more.
- Vol 7: Japanese law enforcement self defense techniques: Tanemura was a police officer and instructor of the Tokyo metropolitan police dept for 15 years. On this video, he shows techniques of vital importance to those involved in police work. These include arrest techniques, come alongs, choke and grab escapes, and defense against sticks, knives, and guns.
i bought this some years back from panther productions, and i have to say that in over forty years of martial arts, 27 in hakko-ryu jujutsu ,this is the best i have ever seen .it is clear concise and to the point . the methods taught are merciless and are obviously meant for the battlefield. all areas of combat are completly covered .and the sheer skill and power of tanemura sensei is incredible. if you wish to see what authentic samurai jujutsu and weaponry looks like get the entire series,trust me you will not be disappointed. in my oppinion the dvds are worth about ten times what budo is asking...
Despite its title, you will see both armed and unarmed techniques. They are well taught and explained.